Monday, August 20, 2012

Treasures!

My girls thought I was a little nuts.  They were willing to get up early and head out the door with me.  "We'll just humor her" I can imagine them saying to each other.  Three hours later they were singing my praises!  "Why didn't you tell us how amazing flea markets were?" is what they said when we climbed into the car.  
Rows and rows of vendors.  Fresh produce.  Antiques.  Clothes.  Kettle corn.
 Beautiful antique laces and silverware.
 The most adorable puppy!  (She wasn't for sale.)
 Vintage planter filled with Chicks n Hens.
 I bought a whole bag of peppers that we sliced and froze.  They are amazing marinated and grilled!
 Two of the planters came home with me!
 As did three pieces of vintage trim including this adorable ric rac.
 This sweet painting was only $1 so it is now living on my enclosed porch!
 Vintage post cards.  They are signed and post marked on the back.
 Maybe my most favorite find.  These vintage shakers will sit on a shelf in my kitchen.
 Beautiful glass basket!  It was a steal because the seller had dropped it and cracked the handle.  She was selling it for $1.  I snatched it right quick!
Isn't the color gorgeous?
An old copy of Tom Sawyer.
 I found two great wooden boxes.  I was looking for something to put my ribbon in as I organized it.  These are similar to the plastic boxes for floss, but they are wood!  And the seller only wanted $1 a piece.  These were my first finds (first booth I came to) and I would have been happy if this was all I found!
 This is the outside.
This shelf was also $1.  I plan to paint it with crackle medium then creamy white paint and hang it in my kitchen for those shakers I showed you above.

It was such a fun day!  I can't wait to go back!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

13 comments:

  1. What a haul you got, some gorgeous stuff there and I am sure when you have given some of it a make over it will be even more gorgeous. Love the vintage trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome finds, Michelle! Really lovely, and I'm sure it was a fun day. i wish I could have joined you. Of course, I would have had to arm wrestle you for that darling pink rick=rack for a dollar. LOL That is SO sweet, and I'm sure you will put it to good use.
    Thanks for your sweet comments this week on my blog. I am SO in love with the sponsor, that's why I've entered so many times. I appreciate your encouragement and kind words. It's always a blessing when you visit, and I hope you know that I appreciate it. If and when you are able, I would really LOVE to have you play along at Word Art Wednesday. As you know, we are the sister site to Stampin' Sisters, and it would be SUCH a treat to have you join us. You don't have to use the word art files we provide, you can link anything encouraging/uplifting. I hope you will check it out when you find the time.
    Have a blessed weekend, and I will chat with you again soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering where you live. The more I read, the more I think we may have something in common. Minnesota? And if so, what city?

      Delete
  3. What fun! I love Flea Markets! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog! I've enjoyed visiting you and thank God that you and your family survived that horrible crash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Michelle, I wanted to thank you so much for your encouraging words and compliments you left me on my blog. It was so nice to read and made me feel so much better. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
    Your new "finds" are absolutely beautiful! I love this pretty flower painting also a lot and just1 dollar!!!???? awesome :-)

    hugs and hope you have a great week.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you enjoyed a wonderful day at the flea market, Michelle! Wonderful discoveries, and glad your girls enjoyed it, too. Thanks for visiting my blog today, and leaving such sweet comments. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sweetie for your lovely comments
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello hun
    thank you so much for taking time to check out my "stuff" and you left me 2 really nice compliments
    thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet treasures! thanks for stopping by to say hi. Christie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Michelle,
    thank you so very much for your sweet message
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome finds, we love fleamarkets, yard sales and estate sales. Whole communities have town wide yardsales and they are so much fun. meet lots of great people. Thanks for the comment on my Rock Star.

    ReplyDelete